Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

From the Mouths of Babes....

It's really funny all the cute and silly things our kids say.  Several people have told me I need to start writing them down so that I will remember them when they are older.  So, I thought every Friday I would blog about what has happened during the week. Mainly, so that I can keep a hard copy of it.

1.  Caleb and Michael were in the living room fighting over a toy. Caleb was being super whiny. We are trying to teach Caleb to control his emotions.

      Me:  Well, I guess you need to go to bed.
      Caleb ( in a desperate voice):  No, mom, no...look I'm breathing, I'm breathing ( whooowhooowhoowhoo)  See I'm all happy now ( tears stopped and smiling big)

2.  Michael is our little quite, mischievous one.  As I was straightening up the house before bedtime, I walked in the kitchen to find the peeling of an orange all over the floor and part of the orange.  I looked down adn said " Michael, what am I going to do with you?".  Caleb quickly responded"  You can throw him in the trash can!"

3.  Rachel to me as I was tucking them into bed.
"Mommy, I love you so much that if you were a booger I would pick you first!" ( didn't know wether to take that as a compliment or not...lol)

4.  I've been trying hard not to let the kids watch so much TV during the day.  So as I was homeschooling Ethan, Caleb runs into the kitchen to tell me in a very determined voice "Mom, God just told me that you need to go turn on the TV"....TV still did not get turned on...lol.  I think Caleb misinterpreted God's voice :)

5.  Every night on base at 5:00 the Star Spangled Banner plays over a loud speaker.  My kids all LOVE hearing it play.  Well, tonight as we were eating dinner at the BX it begins and Caleb says " Mom, listen, listen, God is playing the Star Spangled Banner for us!!"  Ethan " Caleb, that's not from God"  Caleb:  "Yes, it is, it comes from the sky and He plays it for us."....lol  Ethan quickly explained how it really plays, but I thought that was so cute!!

Smiles,
Michelle :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how he said God was playing the Star Spangled Banner...So precious!!

    ReplyDelete