Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Day at the Zoo...

On Friday, the weather was absolutely beautiful!  I had asked a friend I met here and her kids if they wanted to go to the zoo with us.  It's amazing to me the people God places in our lives.

I met Melissa a couple of months after we moved here.  She and I had so much it common it was kind of eerie.  We were both from NC, had previously taught elementary school, had an Ethan and a Rachel, were homeschooling our children and came from the same base in FL!  Really, I couldn't believe it and our kids get along SO well!!!  It's also funny how much our two Ethan's have in common.  They really love the same things and get along so great!  And my Rachel adores her Rachel.  She's acts like her little mama, it's so cute!  I am really going to miss them when we leave.

The zoo is in Boise, like everything else here...lol.  We really had a blast.  The kids loved looking at all the animals! It's not a real big zoo,  nor a small one either.  It's kind of in the middle.  We spent about 2.5 hours there and really had a great time!

The gang enjoying looking at the animals








Taking a break to go down the giraffe slide



The two Ethan's :)

and the two Rachel's!


The kids couldn't believe how close the tiger was to them....they LOVED it!


Having fun at Petting Zoo




The whole gang!!


Smiles,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice when you meet someone you totally connect with! I love that cool slide. What a fun outing!

    ReplyDelete