Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Favorites

A friend of mine has this as a regular post on her blog and I thought it was a neat idea!  I always like seeing what other people like. Plus I get new ideas or inspiration from them...so here goes!

Since I started trying to live a healthier lifestyle and train to run a 5K race I thought I would do some of my favorite health finds, plus a little humor from one of the kids :)



1. My Treadmill!!  Josh got this for me last year as a predeployment present and I absolutely LOVE it!  Some of my favorite features are the TV, of course, but I have recently started training for a 5K race that my sister and I are going to do later in the year.  The program I am using has you start out walking which was a breeze and then gradually add in running.  So this week was my first week with running.  It was really cold outside by the time I got the chance to do my workout so I did it on my treadmill.  Usually to make the speed go up or down you have to press the arrows as you are running, but with this one it has a motion sensor on the handrails and all I have to do is wave my hand and it moves it for me!!  Now how cool is that!!  I never really used it until now ( since I'm running) and it made the workout so smooth.... <3




2. A couple of weeks ago KRAFT came out with these water enhancers called MIO!  You can find them at Walmart, Target, etc. I get bored with drinking plain water and have yet to find a flavored one that I like.  However, these things are great!  They come in a little bottle and all you need is a squirt or two and you have calorie free flavored water that is super YUMMY!  Our favorite so far is Strawberry Watermelon :)  Our kids love them too!  Plus, they are small enough to carry one around in your purse.





3. I LOVE Lean Cuisine meals and snacks.  First they are really helping me to learn portion control and they are DELICIOUS!!!  My new favorite is their Spring Rolls....they are so YUMMY & only 200 calories for 3 of them !!  Even Rachel asks to have them for a snack.

4.  From the Mouths of Babes:


   Ethan:  Mom, is Helen a bad word?
   Me:    No, that's someone name.
   Ethan:  Oh, because that guy on the commercial just said "Well, that's a Hellen a way to treat your  son" ( you can guess what the word phrase was...lol...) 

PS On a side note and this is just my opinion, but what is the point of showing the part of a movie that has a cuss word it as the commericial, during the afternoon on a, what I consider, family friendly TV station...makes no sense.


Happy Easter!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment