Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Noryangin Fish Market.....

I'm a little behind on blogging......since school began we have been SO busy around here! Several days ago,  I was invited to go to the Noryangin Fish Market here in Seoul.  It is Seoul's largest marine market and covers over 66,000 square meters!!!  The one thing I have learned about being in Korea, for me anyways,  is when going to a market for the first time, don't go to buy anything, just absorb it all in the first time.  It is SO overwhelming....wether it is a fish market, flower market, fabric market, whatever.  They are all filled to the brim with their specialty.


Trish leading the way....TIP:  if you decide to visit the fish market, be sure to wear closed toed shoes or rain boots !!  



At the fish market they sell everything from shrimp, mussels,  salmon, tuna, to live octopus!!  There were fish there I have never seen before in my life.






Michael didn't have preschool on this day, so he got to come along....he thought it was GREAT, except for the smell..lol



One of the highlights of his day was getting to touch a live octopus!






Like I said, he really didn't like the smell......lol


This is Trish's fish lady :).  Trish is my neighbor that I met in "blog" land before we moved over here.  Her family was stationed here about two years ago, so she knows a lot about the area.  I will have to say I LOVE her fish lady!!  Here she is slicing the salmon I bought  (btw, it was DELICIOUS!!)



She gave us some free samples and I guess she liked the fact that we thought it was delicious because she kept filling our plates with more!!



Michael and his friend A waiting patiently while we buy our fish....



Koreans LOVE children....Michael is finally getting used to the idea that when we go out in public he will be patted, touched, hugged, have his hand shaken, etc.  He was so cute this day because he has learned to say thank you in Korean and as she shook his hand he said "kamsamnida."....she ate that up!


At the fish market, there was an area where you could buy vegetables also.  This stall was selling fresh garlic!!



Like I said, Koreans love children...here she is giving Michael and A a free yogurt drink ( our kids LOVE these little drinks). ....



I had such a great time with these ladies and I would recommend anyone coming to Seoul to check out the fish market!



Until Next Time,
Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment