Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Another Milestone....

Today was another big day in the Craig household.  Child #3, Caleb, started Kindergarten!!!!  As I write this, I still can't believe it.  Honestly, it seems just like yesterday we were bringing him home.  This is a milestone in our house because now I only have one child at home.  Do you know it's been 10 years since that has happened and it is SO strange?  I had forgotten how easy things were with one child....especially an independent child.  I have gotten so much accomplished today!

This morning I really didn't know how I was going to react to Caleb going to school.  Things were different when Ethan and Rachel had started because I was teaching at the time.  They had been in daycare for two years by the time they started school, so I had gotten use to them not being here.  Caleb is a different story.  He has been with me from day one, so this morning as I was packing his lunch, looking at his backpack, watching him get ready...I just cried.  They were happy tears, but also a little sadness.  I really do miss having him around here during the day, but I know he is loving where he is at.  As a matter of fact, as the tears were being shed this morning, he turned and told me " Mom, I'm going to do great, I was born to be smart!"....that's our boy!  He LOVES to learn and has been counting down to this day all summer long.  So here's to a great year for our sweetie, Caleb!


We have three in school now....WOW!


Josh was off today, so he got to see Caleb off :)


Michael woke up just as we were leaving and wanted his picture taken too!


By this time, Caleb was tired of Mama taking pics...lol



This was a super sweet moment....Ethan and Rachel were telling Caleb what school was like and how he was going to love it.  They were SO proud to have him going to their school!


Waiting to go to his class...

When the bell rang, Mr. Hayden came outside and explained to them what was getting ready to happen and how they should enter the classroom....




Standing by his desk, waiting to find out what to do next!


They were told to sit down, but he had to make sure his backpack was hanging perfectly on the back of his chair....it was really cute!


"I'm ready to start my day!"





Until Next Time,
Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment