Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

PreK & K Meet and Greet

This week Ethan and Rachel began their first week of school.  Caleb and Michael will not start until Tuesday, so their teachers had their meet and greets this week. Both of the boys were super excited to finally get to meet their teacher and see their classroom!

First up was Michael's school!  When we walked in,  I thought this was Michael's classroom, but after I took the picture I realized his is across the hall...ooops. By then he didn't want to take a picture, oh well..they looked the same :).  His little face is red from all the walking we had to do before we arrived.....


Poor kids were so excited to see some toys to play with ( our belongings from the States have yet to arrive )..it took all I had to get him to look at me for a picture..lol



He LOVED his teacher, Mrs. Christine!


Their class mascot are the ants, so I wanted to take a picture of him in front of their bulletin board.  I asked him " Michael why are you standing like that?".  Mom " I'm an ant!"...Oh!


Michael left very excited about going to Preschool.  He will go three days a week for three hours each day...it will be SO strange to not have any children at home ( even if it is for a couple of hours )


The following day it was time for Caleb to go and meet his teacher, Mr. Hayden.  At first I didn't know what to think about a guy teaching Kindergarten.  Most of the male teachers I have ever known taught the upper grades in elementary school. Before I met him I was a little worried because Caleb is a child who will not respond to someone who has a strong personality. Well, I have to say all that went away after I met him.  First of all, he talks in such a calm, but firm voice and really took time to get to know Caleb.  Then he took me through their entire day showing me what they would be going on in the classroom.  Plus, he explained the reasoning behind everything he does..... LOVED that!!  He does a lot of things that I did when I taught school and from how he explained how he teaches,  his teaching style is a lot like mine was too!  He's been teaching in the DODDS school system for about 15 years and has taught K-2 grade, which is rare in the elementary grades.

Caleb was not in the mood for taking pictures when we arrived....lol.



By the end of our meeting, Mr. Hayden had Caleb smiling & all was good again..here he is giving Caleb a sticker for behaving so well!


He also let Caleb give Michael one <3


This picture cracks me up...apparently Michael decided he wanted in on the picture too!  I didn't realize that until after I uploaded them, sneaky little boy!



Until Next Time,
Michelle :)



No comments:

Post a Comment