Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Teacher Meet & Greet...

Today the class lists for the elementary school were released and we got the chance to go meet their teachers.  The kids were so excited to finally see their classrooms and to see if they knew anyone in their class.

Our first stop was Ethan's class.  His teacher's name is Mrs. Anthony.  We arrived a few minutes early so we really got to talk with her for a bit.  She is going to be such a perfect fit for Ethan!! She has the sweetest personality, doesn't mind a talkative child, and they are going to do a lot of hands on projects...perfect for him.  There are at least three other children in our neighborhood in his class, which made his day.  He was bummed that one of his really good friends isn't in his class, but hopefully they will see each other during specials or recess.




After we left Ethan's class, we were off to meet Caleb's teacher.  I was surprised to walk in and find that his teacher was a male.  That is a rarity in the earlier grades, especially kindergarten. His teacher's name is Mr. Hayden and I was also impressed with him.  If you know Caleb, he is a child that will completely shut down on you if you come on to strong.  So I was kind of worried, but when Mr. Hayden introduced himself to Caleb he was so sincere and kind...Caleb immediately liked him.  I've heard great things about Mr. Hayden, so I believe this will also be a great year for Caleb.  I didn't get a picture of him with his teacher because we are going back next week to talk with Mr. Hayden more.  The kindergarteners here start school a week later than the rest of the grades.  The teachers use this time to have one on one meetings with the child & their parents.  I really like that idea.  Some of the teachers do home visits, but Mr. Hayden has them come to the classroom. I love that because they get an entire hour to talk to him, look around the classroom, and ask any questions they would like.  Here's Caleb at his desk...he was SO proud!  My heart broke a little seeing him sit there!!  I feel like Caleb has been with me a long time.  When Ethan and Rachel were little I was still teaching, so I had gotten used to them not being at home with me because they were in day care.  Caleb, however, has been with me from the first day he was born....so it's been a little different with him.  He looked SO big sitting in that desk :(.



Finally, we went to Rachel's class.  At first she was a little nervous because one of her friends she met here was not in her class and she was afraid she wouldn't have any friends. Well, she was super excited when she walked in and saw three people she knew!  Her teacher's name is Mrs. Erickson.  I haven't quite gotten a feel for her ( she seemed nice, just not overly talkative), but I believe Rachel will do well in her class.



Hopefully, they will get to start school on Monday...this is in our forecast for the beginning of next week!!!  It's expected to bring anywhere from 6-12 inches of rain and wind gusts of 50 knots.....so we will see!


Until Next Time,

Michelle :)



No comments:

Post a Comment