Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Erwangni Beach....

Last week, one of our neighbors invited a group of us to a local beach near Seoul for the day.  I didn't realize there was a beach within an hour and a half driving distance, which was really cool! Josh and I have already planned to take the kids back on Labor Day because the kids and I enjoyed it SO much!

Since I do not have my Korean drivers license yet, we rode with Trish, one of our neighbors and the one who organized the whole trip ( one day I will have to write a blog about how she and I met...pretty cool story)


After a minor set back ( we took the wrong exit and got a little turned around..hehe), we finally made it to the beach.  This is where we parked our vehicles.




The little crew of kids headed to the beach...since we were the only Americans there ( as far as I saw) it was pretty easy to spot our group :)


On the beach they had these wooden tables with umbrellas that you could rent for 35,000 won ( which is about 30.00).  We rented two for our group :)



Once we got settled, we headed to the ocean.  It was low tide when we first arrived, which was great for the little ones.  They could walk quite pretty far out and it not get too deep for them. I brought two small floaties for my little two, but we rented Ethan & Rachel bigger tubes for 5,000 won a piece.  SO worth the money...they played with them all day long and had a blast!






After about two hours, the kids were getting hungry.  We brought our own lunch, but there were snack bars there that sold Korean food to eat.  I figured my little ones would do better with our own food :)



Michael and Caleb also loved playing in the sand.  This is actually the first time since we left FL that they have been to a beach, so it was new to them.  They LOVED IT!  One of their friends had to show them how to make a castle using the bucket...so sweet!






By the time they had eaten lunch and played in the sand, high tide had rolled in.  This was fun too because they could really float and ride the waves ( they were small waves, but they had a blast! )...


My back door neighbor and her sweet son :)


The mom's from the group....we had such a great time together!


Do you see how these Koreans are dressed?  It was really hot that day and they are wearing longs sleeve shirts, pants and hats! A LOT of the Koreans were dressed that way...it was quite interesting.


The American Tube Chain :)



We really did have such a great time!  I can't wait to go back and take Josh with us....hopefully I can remember how to get there!



Until Next Time,
Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment