Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Last Night at the Dragon Hill Lodge......

Yesterday, Josh was still doing a lot of his inprocessing, so the kids and I were at the hotel by ourselves pretty much all day.  I had to go to CYSS ( youth services) that morning to get all the paperwork needed so that the kids can participate in activities here on post.  I'm very impressed with all they have to offer here: football, cheerleading, basketball, baseball, dance, taekwondo, swimming, music classes, and more!  After we finished all of that, we headed back to the hotel for lunch and naptime.


We stopped by the ice cream store at the hotel for a little treat!  





Mama, needed a treat too!!! Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream w/ Walnuts...YUMMY!


While the little boys were napping, Rachel had disappeared.  Little did I know she was in the bathroom trying to pull her tooth out...and she succeeded!  She was SO happy!!  She has been working on that tooth for 2 weeks..lol. 



After the little boys woke up, another friend came to pick me up and take me to the mailroom to check our mail.  We do not have our own mailbox at our house, it is on the other side of base at the mailroom for Josh's work.  When we got back to the hotel it was around 5:00 and Josh still wasn't back, so I decided to take the kids to the hotel pool.















Josh finally came home and we went back up to the room for dinner!  Plus, we had to start packing all of our things because we are moving into our new home today!!!  It will be nice to finally begin to get settled.  Our Unaccompanied Baggage has yet to arrive and from what they told us yesterday it will not be here until August 2nd and our household goods will not arrive until August 29th.  That's going to make for an interesting couple of weeks, but I'm sure we can handle it.  For those who are not in the military, when you PCS overseas you are allowed to send a small shipment of your belongings ahead of time.  It goes by airplane and usually makes it to your destination faster than your other household goods (which are shipped by boat). In the unaccom. baggage, you put things that will help you survive until all your HHG's arrive. Things like: pots/pans, dishes, sheets, small tv, toys for kids,  vacuum cleaner, towels/washclothes, etc. Well, none of that is here yet for us.  Thankfully though we are borrowing almost all of our furniture from the military and it is already in our house ( beds, kitchen table, dressers, end tables, china cabinet, etc). I also have a friend who is going to let me borrow her crock pot, so I will be good to go.  Thanks to pinterest, I can cook ALOT in a crock pot :).

So, this will be my last post for a little bit.  We have got to get our cable and internet set up.  Hopefully that will not take too long.  Until then, I will keep you all updated on facebook through my iphone.

Until Next Time,

Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment