Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Connected Again...

We finally have internet...YAY!!  We have been super busy since I last posted, moving into our new home (pictures to come soon), trying to get somewhat settled, meeting new friends, registering the kids for school/activites, etc.   Josh has been working hard and we have been blessed with some wonderful neighbors who have been helping us out a lot.  We have never lived overseas and I've always heard that military communities overseas are tight nit.  From what we have experienced this week, I totally believe them.  I have never been in a place where everyone is so eager and willing to help us out with anything.  I just mention we are in need of something and the next thing you know someone is there with exactly what we need or willing to drive me where I need to go to get it done.....very humbling and truly blessed.

Here are some pictures from our last day at the Dragon Hill Lodge...one exciting thing that happened was Rachel lost her top middle tooth!  She had been working on that thing for two weeks and was super excited when it finally came out :)









One proud little girl :)


I was looking for the little boys and found them in the other room like this...it was so sweet.  Michael kept telling Caleb "I love you....best buddies?"

I just love this toothless grin...

Tonight we went to our first neighborhood potluck. Our neighborhood has four parks....one of them is in the center and has a nice pavilion.  An invite was sent out and we all met around 5:30 with our kids, finger foods, and drinks.  We had a great time getting to know everyone and our kids had a blast playing with their new friends!

Some of the kids playing at the park....

Marcia (the one in black) is a lady I was introduced to on facebook. She & I totally hit it off from the beginning.  She has helped me tremendously since we arrived.  In fact, it was her who told us about the house we are in.  Trish ( the one in blue) is another interesting story :).  When we first found out we were being stationed at Yongsan, I started googling about living here.  There really wasn't much online except for a blog I found called "Six in Seoul".  It was Trish's blog from when her family lived here a couple of years ago.  Her blog is great!!  She blogged about their entire two years here and gave some great insight about what living here as a military family was like.  Plus, she had four kids like us. Well, I posted on her blog to thank her for the great resource.  She wrote back and said that they were being sent here again this summer!  Long story short, she is our neighbor now!!  Pretty crazy, huh?  She is just as sweet in person as she was meeting online!


Some more of our new neighbors :)





I am one blessed woman....<3 him!


One thing we love about living here is how safe it is to let the kids run around the neighborhood and they have SO many friends to play with. Ethan has already been invited to three parties and we haven't even been here a week!  He loves it.  Rachel also has lots of girls to play with which makes her very happy :).  The little boys are making new friends too.  Josh and I are very thankful that this has been such a smooth transition for them.



Enjoying a great conversation...


One of our neighbors dogs...they are HUGE!! 


We've had a wonderful first week and are excited about venturing off post tomorrow!!!

Until Next Time,

Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment