Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Emart....

Yesterday, I got to venture off post for a little while.  I was in need for some new bedding for the kids because the beds here are a different size than the ones they had in the states.  One of my new friends, Marcia, said she would take me to Emart ( like a Target/Sams Club back in the states) so that I could see what kind of selection they had.  It was a very interesting experience!

This is on the way....Like I told Marcia, I will NEVER drive off post.  The subway will just have to do for me.  I can't imagine driving our full size truck in this...you will see more of what I am talking about below!


See!!  This is the parking garage!!  Look how close the cars are too each other and the wall!  Marcia actually had to pull up a little so I could get out and then back up again.!


What's even crazier is this!!  See how the car below is parked in front of the other cars.  I asked Marcia how do the cars that are blocked get out.  Well, this is what they do....they leave their phone number on their window so you can call them to come move it OR they leave it in neutral so you can push it out of the way!!  Is that CRAZY or what!! I actually saw someone pushing another persons car so they could get out!!  This is another reason I will NEVER drive off post..


This was pretty neat.  These are the carts that you use in the store.  When you want to go on the escalator you take them with you.  They are magnetic and stick so they don't move as you are going up!  Pretty cool....



 Emart has two stories, on the bottom is the food court.  Here they display food you can order....see the fish, it included the head and all!!  Don't worry they also have a Burger King and a Baskin Robbins :)

Another picture of the inside...it was on the weekend and SUPER crowded!


 So apparently mosquitos are bad around here.  Marcia said this is a must....it's an electric fly swatter.  Pretty neat!

After our trip to Emart, we went back to Marcia & Chris's house to eat dinner!  We have clicked so well with them and our kids get along great!  Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel for the night.
Here we are waiting for the bus shuttle to pick us up.  We only had to wait about 15 minutes, but these two were knocked out after sitting for about 5!  They played hard.


This is a view of Seoul Tower at night.  I was told when it is blue that the air quality is good :)



Until Next Time,
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. I want an electric fly swatter!!!! There ya go.. me a b-day gift!!

    Carie: aka your wonderful sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the fly swatter a "RECHARGEABLE" one that doesn't need batteries??? That is the one you wan to find. we have two and LOVE them. Sent my folks one also! :o) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best baby gifts I got was from Emart - they had a boppy that had velcro so I could wear it - and it came with a little pillow to boost baby's head to the perfect nursing position! :) Not that you'll need THAT while you are there...

    Glad to read that you are really enjoying it so far! Taunia

    ReplyDelete