Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Tired of being Tired!





Do you ever just get tired of being tired?  Before I had our kids I was pretty active...exercised everyday!  I would even wake up at 5:00 in the morning, drive over to one of my friends house and walk 4 miles every morning..then go to work, come home and exercise some more.  Even after having Ethan and Rachel I got back down to my ideal weight.

But after having 4 kids, something really happened to my motivation.  It's not that I didn't want to exercise it's just that I was SO tired all the time.  Now in my head I knew that if I would exercise that I would feel better, but I just could not find the time.  I tried waking up early, but that wasn't happening.  I was just too tired...so I tried working out after the kids went to bed.  Well, that' didn't work either.  By the time they were tucked in, I was so tired all I wanted to do was hang out with my honey and go to bed.  I did lose 10 pounds last year while Josh was deployed ( I exercised at night with my sister), but since moving to Idaho the weight has come back.  A lot had to do with the fact that I just stopped watching what I ate, stopped exercising and I'm homeschooling the 2 older kids while we are here.

But something just clicked in me last week and I have determined that enough is enough...NO MORE EXCUSES ( from my end).  I'm tired of being tired!!  If I don't take time to take care of myself I'm not going to be any good to anyone!

So, today was day one of our new schedule and you know what....it worked!!  I now start homeschool an hour later in the day so that I can workout after the kids eat breakfast ( during this time they are doing chores, etc.)  And I have felt SO much better today too!!  Even though the workout kicked my rear ( I'm doing the Turbo Jam DVD's),   I had so much energy when I finished and felt GREAT!!   I am bound and determined to stick to this.....

So here's to a new, reenergized, active, ME!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I agree working out is something just for me and makes me feel good about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm right there with you - so tired. I love jogging but the only time I can do it is at night once the kids are in bed and John is home with them. By then (8:30 or 9:00) I'm exhausted! Some nights I pull it together and get out there, but it's hard. Maybe you and I could have a fat bet! (have you seen the fat bet website?) I wonder how much you're trying to lose....

    By the way, I've been wondering how the homeschooling is going. I think we're going to do it starting this next school year. I'm excited and terrified all at once! What curriculum are you using and how did you decide?? There's so much to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat bet that's interesting...you will have to tell me more! As for how much, at least 20 pounds :( Seems like a far away goal, but I'm taking it 5 pounds at a time!

    Homeschooling is going ok. It totally was not in our plans, but the schools here are not good at all and very overcrowed ( compared to where we came from). Josh and I didn't want the kids to get behind, knowing we were only going to be here for a short time. We prayed about it for about 2 months before we finally pulled them out.

    Idaho has a homeschool curriculum that is paid for by the state...they supply everything. From my understanding it is very similar to K-12 online academy. Here it is called Connections Academy...they have them in every state, some is paid for, others you have to pay ( their website is www.connectionsacademy.com). I chose it for a couple of reasons...I'm homeschooling for education purposes not religious ( our children get that anyway). I wanted a strong academic curriculum, that was well rounded. Plus, I needed one that had the documentation behind it because I knew they would eventually go back to regular school. I also liked the fact that it is totally planned out for you and is very user friendly. The kids LOVE it! Plus, like I said it's free here and they even give us a computer to use! Alot of people here on base homeschool and the top programs that are used are: Connections Academy, K-12, Abeka, and Calvert.

    As for the kids, Rachel is a breeze to teach...for one, I taught her curriculum back when I was teaching in FL, so I knew it really well. Secondly, she loves school and is such an easy student. Ethan on the other hand would rather be doing anything else but school...unless it has to do with airplanes..lol. So his schooling is harder, mainly because he can't separate the mom from teacher. Also, I've had more behavior problems with my youngest because he was used to mom being able to play with him more...but now I've got to teach school. Alot of times he is either in my lap or beside us coloring, which helps some. I will be thankful though when we move and they are back in regular school. I truly believe in regular schooling if they are done correctly...wether private or public. Here we didn't have any other option other than homeschooling. Thankfully, we are moving to Northern VA who happens to have some of the top rated schools in the US. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete