Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Daddy Dolls!



I received an email today with the neatest website and thought I would share it with you ( if you haven't already heard about it already).  It's called Daddy Dolls.  They make all kinds of things for your kids while their dad or mom is deployed...dolls, dog tags, deployment buddies, mugs, tag blankies, photo pillows, etc.
Here is a description from the website :  www.daddydolls.com

Recommended by Child Psychologists, Our Original Daddy Dolls™ and Hug-A-Hero™ dolls, which feature our Brave Mommies or Distant Loved Ones have helped thousands of children cope with the stresses of separation. Whether you are deployed with the military, traveling for business, or a grandparent living across the country, our Daddy Dolls™ and Hug-A-Hero™ dolls will keep you close to their hearts and just a cuddle away. 

Simply upload or email your head-to-toe photo, and we'll edit out the background to create a custom doll with your image that is soft and hugable. By using an advanced printing technology, combined with our soft micro-fiber fabric, we are able to produce a "no-feel" image that is dyed into the fabric, so it won't peel or crack and is completely machine washable.

Our dolls NOW come in 3 SIZES!; Our Smalls are 12" tall, Larges are 17" tall, and our NEW "BIG Daddy (or Mommy!) is over 3 FEET TALL!!! You can select a One-Sided doll with your image on the front and choice of fabric on the back, or select aTwo-Sided doll (Not available for the "BIG" dolls) with two different images (one on the front, and the other on the back) to double the hugs! All Daddy Dolls™ and Hug-A-Hero™ dolls feature our exclusive Keepsake Pocket™. We also offer FREE text printed below each photo, and voice recorders can be added to further personalize your doll. CURRENT LEAD TIME IS 1-3 WEEKS

I know with my own kids they would carry a picture around of their daddy or watch videos of him all the time.  It made them feel closer to him.  These are way cuter!!! They also have a nonprofit organization that will make them for your kids for free.  All you have to do is apply and see if they have any available slots left!


Hope you all have a GREAT weekend,

Michelle :)

3 comments:

  1. Is it weird if I make one of my own dad? Or my mom? I miss them!

    Seriously, that is SO cool. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...I know the feeling. This is the longest I have gone without seeing my parents and I can hardly stand it!! Thankfully, they are coming to visit in three weeks!!! It would be a great way for your kids to remember their grandparents too!! Our kids miss theirs alot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder if they have a life-sized one to take up that big empty space next to me on my bed? :-( I hate waking up in the morning and reaching over only to find it empty!

    ReplyDelete