Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Papa & Mimi's Visit: Itaewon

Since Papa & Mimi were trying to adjust to the time change, we decided on Monday we would do something low key and close to post.  We ended up taking them to Itaewon, which is located right outside one of the gates on post.  Itaewon is Seoul's international district and while there are stores to shop at the main thing we go there for is the food!!!  There is such a variety of different types of yumminess to eat....Italian, Thai, Mexican, African, Indian, etc.  This is our favorite place to go for  date nights!






Our plan was to take them to one of our favorite restaurants, Wang Thai, but we didn't realize they were closed on Monday's.  What is one to do???  Turn to plan B and take them next door to another favorite, Vatos!






The older three kiddos were at school, so we just had Michael with us for the day.....this plane kept him entertained for the entire time :)


Vato's is famous for their Kimchi carnitas fries and I couldn't wait for my parents to try them!  They are basically fries covered with braised carnitas, kimchi, melted cheese, sour cream, cilantro and red onions, then topped off with their spicy red sauce.  My daddy loves spicy food, so I thought for sure he would like them, but I didn't know about my mama.  


Well,  they both absolutely LOVED them!!!!  I was impressed that they ate them all because they are spicy!!


My mom did have to wipe the sweat off my dad's forehead toward the end....lol, but like everyone else who loves them, he just couldn't stop eating them!


Next up was our main meal!  My mom & I got the fish tacos...my dad & Josh got the chicken tacos ( below).  Both were super yummy!



Finally, it was time for dessert!!!  What better to have than Nutella Nachos with vanilla ice cream!  Another hit with the Faircloth family :)



Michael said "This is the best day ever!!  These are SO good!!"  



Until Next Time,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment