Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Start of Another School Year...

Is it just me or does it seem like when your children start school that the years just fly by??  I can't believe that Ethan and Rachel are starting 4th & 2nd grade this year!!!  We are very excited about their new school, Sangster Elementary.  We got to meet their teachers last week and they both seem very nice.  Looks like it is really going to be a great year for them.

Lately, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Pinterest (if you haven't heard of it yet, you should google it and see what it is all about ).  It is such a great place to find ideas.  I found two great ones for the first day of school to use this year.  The first one was for their teachers.  It's a bottle of Bath & Bodyworks lotion with a tag that says " Hope You have a Smooth Year!".  Rachel helped me decorate them and I thought they turned out pretty cute!


The other idea was for the kids.  After they both had fallen asleep, I quietly went into their rooms and placed these right beside their clothes that they were going to wear the next day.  It's a certificate from the Back to School Fairy and a snack for them to take! They LOVED these, especially Rachel.



One thing I love about the schools here, they do not start until 9:05!  That gives the kids plenty of time to wake up, get dressed, make up their beds, eat breakfast and have a little free time before their day begins.  You can tell in the pictures that Rachel was a little nervous about her first day, but once we got to school she walked to her class all by herself and was good to go.  Ethan, however, was great before we left and got nervous once we got there.  They both are very friendly, so I know they are going to meet lots of friends and have a great day!!!  I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Great way to start the day...eating breakfast :)


First day of Second Grade

Brotherly/Sisterly Love <3

Ethan had to show off his backpack...


First Day of 4th Grade...


Until Next Time,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment