Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Nothing Could Be Finer than to be in North Carolina....

This past weekend we went down to visit my family in NC!!!  I was so excited to see everyone.  My parents had come to visit us  right after we moved to Virginia, but I hadn't seen the rest of my family in over a year ( which is a VERY long time for me).  So Friday we headed to my parents house in Rocky Mt. We are truly thankful that they only live 3.5 hrs away now, so the drive is not bad at all....as long as traffic is good.

On Saturday, we headed  down to Stedman to see the rest of the gang.  My Aunt Lisa and her family, my sister's family and my grandmother all came over to my grandmother's house for lunch and to visit.  It was a very bitter sweet day for me.  This was the first time I was going to go see Grandmother in her new house.  To make a long story short, NC is building a bypass right where her old house is, so the state bought her property and she had to move.  All I have ever known was in that house...so many great memories, including ones of my Papa, who died a couple of years ago.  So on that end it was sad, however I am so thankful that God provided her a great house in a wonderful location!!!  It was so great seeing everyone and the kids were thrilled to see their cousins !!!

My mom, Michael, Lisa, and Richard enjoying some of Grandmother's AWESOME food!!


Caleb LOVES his cousin Katlyn 

Daddy & Josh hanging out...

My cousin Logan...he had grown ALOT!

The BEST GRANDMOTHER ever!!

Carie loved her cooking also :)

My sister...I LOVE her SO much and MISSED her like crazy!!  It was great seeing her again :)







Daisy loved meeting everyone too!!

My nephew Preston and Ethan are best buds!


Michael's favorite toy was his Papa Mitchell...






He loves his Aunt Carie & Grandmother too!!!





I also got a chance to see one of my dearest friends, Mary Shannon.  We have known each other since we were in first grade and have gone through so much together.  We were married the same year and all three of my first kids are the same age (within a month or two ) of all three of hers!!  She gave up on me on number 4....lol.  It was great seeing her and Rachel could not wait to see Zoey!!



After our visit with Mary Shannon, we came back home to this....all the boy cousins wrestling!!









Saturday night we went back to Rocky Mt. with my parents to spend the rest of the weeekend together.  We went to church Sunday morning and then out to eat for lunch...the food was GREAT and the fellowship even BETTER :)














We had such a great time and can't wait to see them all again!!!

Until Next Time,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment