Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

When it Rains, it POURS!

Wow, if there was something going around these past two weeks, it has went through this house!  It all started last week when Caleb caught a stomach bug.  Then on Monday morning I woke up with a sore throat, by early Tuesday morning I was running a fever, having the chills and could barely swallow.  So, I went to the base Urgent Care and found out I had Strep Throat.  Thanks to modern medicine I was given two shots that made me fell alot better by that evening.  Plus Josh stayed home to take care of the kids and I got to rest ALOT during the day ( he is such a great husband and father).
Then poor little Rachel woke up this morning with a sore throat and fever. So off to the Dr. we go again! (this is where I am really thankful for military care...some complain, but I have never had a problem with any care we have gotten).  Sure enough she has strep too!  I had a dear friend who kept the other three kids for me while we went to the doctor ( sorry, Melissa and I pray your kids do not get strep).  When I went to go pick them up Ethan and Caleb were complaining about not feeling good.  They said their stomach hurt and their throat.  I checked their neck...and they were really swollen.  So it looks like both of them have it too!!  Oh, and in between all of this Josh calls me and he is at Urgent Care because he has the stomach flu ( it's been going around his office)
 And before you ask ( I always have someone who will), yes my children take vitamins everyday, they eat really good and  I have been sanitizing like crazy around here.  I could honestly buy stock in Lysol....lol.  It just happens to be one of those weeks where everything just hit.

I will be so glad when spring gets here....until then it is off to sanitize some more!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, my heart aches for you! It's so hard to be a mom while sick and harder still to see your children sick...and your hubby, too!!! yikes! I'm praying for you all.

    Shannon Carollo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay! They were so good and if they do happen to get it, that's just being a kid! They pass things around! Hope you guys feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls.......I called the kids teachers and they are excused from homeschool for the rest of the week. We all are going to rest (sanitize) and get healthy again!!

    ReplyDelete