Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day Weekend...

After the past couple of weeks we have had with strep, stomach flu, etc, it was nice to spend a nice, relaxing weekend together as a family.  It's President's Day weekend so that meant Josh had Monday off too, which was an extra bonus!!

On Saturday, we took the kids to Boise.  Our first stop was to PetLand.  We had to get supplies for Miss Daisy May.  The kids had a blast looking at all the other animals in the store.
Next, we headed to the mall to eat!!!  We love the food court because everyone can choose what they want to eat.  Josh, Rachel and myself had Japanese food, while the rest of the gang ate McDonald's.  The funny thing was as we were eating there was this family behind us that just kept staring at us and smiling.  I could tell they were talking about us, but not quite sure why.  I'm pretty use to it because we have 4 kids that are so close in age...don't know why but everywhere we go people just think it's interesting!  Anyway as we were getting ready to leave they finally asked us " So are those 2 sets of twins?"  I smiled  and said no they are just really close in age.  The kids thought it was so funny to be called twins :)

Rachel was so excited to eat some Teriyaki Chicken..



Josh was too! 


Caleb and Ethan enjoyed their Happy Meal toys...

See the man and woman behind Michael's left shoulder...they are the ones who asked if we had twins...



It had snowed the night before and the mountains were beautiful...


After we took the kids to the Discovery Center and boy did they enjoy that!  It's a hands on Science Center in Boise with lots of fun things for the kids to do.  The pictures are on my iphone, so I will have to post those later.

Since Josh had the day off on Monday we decided to stay around the house and catch up on some housework.  My lovely husband took care of the kids all day so that I could do that....isn't he wonderful! It's amazing how much stuff you can get done without 4 kiddos around!  My lunchtime I had everything cleaned up!!  During this time, Josh took the kids outside and built a fire.  He's such and amazing daddy and the kids had a blast!!

Josh and Caleb waiting for the fire to start....



My love <3


They also roasted hot dogs for lunch....I don't think Rachel was liking the smoke..lol





These two absolutely adore each other...they are truly best buds!


Daisy decided to come out and enjoy the fun too!


After all the little kids went inside Josh let Ethan practice shooting his BB gun....


Needless to say we had a wonderful day........I LOVE my FAMILY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment