Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Favorites..

Wow, these past couple of days have been a whirlwind!!  Between finishing up school with the kids, packing for our upcoming move, getting Rachel ready for her dance recital this weekend, and trying to get things ready for us to be settled in VA, we've barely had time to breathe!  But I'm super excited to know that within a month I'm going to be seeing our family and friends back East!!  We've all missed them alot!

Now for some of my recent favorite things :)

1. Strider Bikes

Michael trying out his bike..




Around Christmas last year, someone on a blog I was reading just raved about these bicycles.  She had 2 boys that were about the same age as our two youngest.  I was really amazed that after using these bikes for a couple of months that they both were able to ride a real bicycle without assistance. Ethan and Rachel were both around 7 before they could ride a bike.  Their main issue was balancing, so Josh and I thought we would get the boys each one for Christmas.  Well, Caleb loved it right from the start and would ride his everyday ( weather permitting).  He started out just using his feet, then eventually he got to where he could just coast on it.  We were noticing how well he could balance on it, so finally about two months ago, Josh asked him if he wanted to try to ride a real bike.  Caleb immediately said yes!  So we got on his helmet, Josh pushed him one time and off he went!!!  We couldn't believe our eyes....and every since that day he has ridden his bike.  He never went through the training wheel stage.  Now, that Michael has seen Caleb do that he has started picking up his Strider bike and riding it more.  So I'll let you know how things turn out with him in a couple of months, but I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who has a child wanting to ride a bike.  AMAZING results!!!  We got ours at Target, but you can find them online too!





2. Stylin Binders

If you love to coupon and use them alot then I do believe you will love these!!  They are made to store your binder you use to keep your coupons, so if you carry with you in the store it looks like a pocketbook!  SUPER CUTE!!!  You should go to their website and check them out..they come in all different styles!





3. Motivated Mom 2011 app



I am in LOVE with this app for my iphone! I ran upon this website about 3 years ago, www.motivatedmoms.com.  They sell a calandar that is preset with chores for the day and a bible reading plan to  help you stay organized.  By following the calander, there is no need for spring cleaning because it is incorporated throughout the year. So I thought that was great!!  I have to admit- I don't always keep up with it, but I try too.

I was thrilled to pieces to find out that this year they have an app you can buy and put on your phone!!!!  One of my issues was printing out the planner and then sometimes misplacing the pages. With the planner as an app, I'll always know where it is and I don't have to waste any paper. It is great!!  It has all my cleaning chores, excerise plan and bible reading all right there. Plus, as I do each chore I just cross it off and it lest you customize it too! !! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one! For a planner like me this is great!

Until Next Time,
Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment