Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fathers Day Tribute..

I am truly blessed to have two amazing men in my life....my father & my husband.   I found these poems this week and would like to dedicate them to the both of you.  I love you all so much....Happy Fathers Day!!!

A Father . . .

A father is God’s gift to all
a pillar of strength and love
A man of divine character
a man from up above

A father holds a newborn babe
in tenderness and awe
He knows the child will find his way
and bless us, one and all

A father prays for God’s great hand
to lead him in his labor
He asks that God protect the child
and keep the child from danger

A father cherishes each gentle kiss
that falls upon his cheek
He hopes each child will not be lost
but a wise man’s counsel seek

A father watches every struggle
and winces with each loss
He knows the child must have trouble
to grow at any cost

A father knows a lesson learned
is better than one missed
His patience and strong support
brings the child joy and bliss

A father looks with pride and smiles
as his child succeeds
He knows that God provides all things
an earthly child needs

A father sets the mark
of how a child should love
And shows by his example
a glimpse of God above
-Auther Unknown

I love you and am SO proud to be your daughter!!!!



The Best Man I Ever Knew

When we married, I saw you as perfect,
The ideal husband and more;
I thought I knew all about you,
All the things to love and adore.
But when you became a father,
I saw new qualities to treasure.
You enrich all our lives in fresh ways;
As a dad, you bring so much pleasure.
Our children are forever blessed
To have a father like you,
And I love you more than ever,
You’re the best man I ever knew.
By Joanna Fuchs

Josh, our children are truly blessed to have you as a Father....we love you VERY much!









Until Next Time,
Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment