Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Namdaemun Market...


After the Fall Friendship Festival, my neighbor and sweet friend, Beth, invited me to go to the Namdaemun Market with her.  I hadn't been to it yet, so I was super excited.  From what I've read on the internet, Namdaemun is the largest traditional market in Korea.  They sell all kinds of things like clothes, jewelry, shoes, ginseng, arts & craft supplies, toys,....I could go on and on.  Like all the other markets I have been to, this one was overwhelming at first!


This is what it looked like as we were entering one part of the market.  I have no idea how people find their way out without getting lost.  There are a lot different alleys you can go down and I was getting so turned around.  Thankfully, Beth knew what she was doing :). 



After walking around a bit, Beth introduced me to some Korea street food!!


One of the first things I tried was hoddeok.....these were the most delicious pancakes with a warm cinnamon & sugar filling.  They were YUMMY!!!!  



She also bought me some dumplings that were stuffed with meat!  I forgot to take a picture of them, but they were really good too!  Next time I will have to try one of these....

This is Korea's version of a corn dog.  There are two varieties: breaded or with french fries!!!!  I can't wait to bring Josh & the kids here!



Until Next Time,
Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment