Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sweet Times...

One of the blessings we have this year living in VA is that my parents are only 3.5 hrs away from us!!!  We haven't been close to family in a while, so its nice when they can come up to spend the day with us and that is exactly what my mom & dad did this weekend.  They got here around 9:30 and we hung out at the house for a while.  Then we decided to take them to Burke Lake Park.  This has become one of our families favorite places to go on a beautiful day.  There is so much to do.....fishing, train rides, playground, putt-putt, golf, carousel, and an ice cream shop to name a few.  Plus it is only a couple of minutes from the house.  Today the kids wanted to ride the train and eat some ice cream.  It was such a relaxing time!!!

Train ride at the park....


Enjoying some ice cream :)











 I thought it was funny that my dad and Josh matched ( not on purpose)...lol


Afterwards, we came back home and the little ones went down for a nap.  Then my mom, Rachel, and myself went shopping!!!!!!  I was very excited because when we first moved here my mom found out about a shopping center that is 8 miles away called Potomac Mills, so we decided to check it out......it is AMAZING!!!!  SO many places to shop and eat, plus lots of outlet stores.  Not to mention the fact they have an IKEA and I finally got to go to one.  I have to say I was very impressed.....overwhelmed, but impressed.  They had lots of nice things for your house at GREAT prices...plus right now kids eat free when you go!  Anyway, we found some really good deal on some things I needed for the house and some school clothes for the kids.

By the time we got home it was time for my parents to head back to NC.  The kids were really sad....they really enjoy spending time with their grandparents.  Thankfully, we will get to see them alot this year!!!


Until Next Time,

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you got to spend some special time with your family. That train is adorable!

    ReplyDelete