Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Day Date: Flying Pan Blue


Today, Josh took the day off, so since our three older kids were in school and our AMAZING housekeeper was here to watch Michael (we are truly blessed to have her), we decided to have a day date!  

There was a restaurant we have been wanting to go to ever since we arrived here called the Flying Pan Blue.  It was highly recommended by my dear friend and blog extraordinaire, Trish.  If you are moving to Korea or are already here and have not found her blog, I HIGHLY recommend that you do...you can find it here.  

Quick backstory about how we met, when we first found out we were moving to Yongsan the first thing I did was get on the computer and try to find out all I could about our new home. I looked and looked and could not find anything.  I could find blogs about Seoul, but not blogs that focused on being in the military and living here.  Somehow I stumbled upon Trish's blog, Six in Seoul. Her family was actually stationed here about 5 years ago and they have four kids, three boys and a girl, just like us. I immediately began reading it. She had SO much great information about living here ( things to do, places to eat, everyday life, etc.), that I ended up writing her a comment thanking her for leaving her blog up ( they had since moved to another duty station).  A couple of weeks passed and she wrote me back to say thanks and to let me know they were moving back here too!!  To make a long story short, we are now neighbors!  How crazy is that?

(taken back in the summer when we moved here)

Ok, back to our date.  I thought we were going to head straight to Itaewon, but Josh said he wanted to stop by the PX first.  Little did I know, he was planning to buy me a new watch!  I had been needing one for a while ( my last one broke )......and I love the one he picked out.


 After our little shopping trip, it was off to Itaewon for brunch.  The Flying Pan Blue was super easy to find ( we used Trish's directions).  It's located down an alley beside The Hamilton Hotel.




I didn't realize how small it was going to be.  The severs put us at a table that was in a little "nook" to the side.  We LOVED it...made our brunch more private.  This is the view from where we were sitting.



I loved how the light bulbs had wings on them <3


The food was AMAZING and the portions were HUGE!  I ordered Smoked Salmon eggs benedict and Josh ordered some type of pancakes that were covered with syrup, bananas, walnuts and topped with ice cream!!  Yes, you heard me right, ice cream and let me tell you, the food did not disappoint...it was SO good! I'm pretty sure we will be visiting the Flying Pan Blue several times before we leave Korea.




What a wonderful day, spent with my man.....



Until Next Time,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. :o)

    I'm so glad you liked it!
    I found another bruch place that is yummy...Bim Bop - I'll be posting it soon.

    Thanks for my blurb! You ROCK.

    ReplyDelete